Learning Schedule and Objectives
|7||The heart||Ch. 11, 287-299.|
Ch. 12, 300-305; 317-325.
Identify: Pericardium, Ventricles, Atria, Auricles, Base and Apex of heart, Atrioventricular valves (know the common names of each), Semilunar valves (aortic and pulmonic), Chordae tendineae, Coronary Arteries and Veins, Pulmonary artery, Pulmonary vein, Aorta (ascending, descending), aortic arch, Ascending and descending vena cava, Papillary muscles
- Bring the Laboratory Manual to every Lab class. Preview manual before lab.
- Dissection Kit must be purchased and brought to lab starts from Lab1.
- Shoes with open tows and slippers do not allowed in the Laboratory Room.
- Read Biology Laboratory Safety guidelines or download Biology Lab Safety PPT.
- Above rules may not apply to remote learning, please reach out to your instructor.
- No makeup practical exam.
Download Lab6&7 PPT or View belowSCB209Lab-67
Mink heart dissection
Heart model video: Circulation/Flow of Blood and Cardiac Contraction
Sheep heart dissection
Sheep Heart Dissection VS Heart Model Anatomy 3D Anatomy
- Heart model – Frontal View
- Heart model – Frontal View (Vessels)
- Heart model – Opened Frontal View
- Heart model – Left Lateral View
- Heart model – Posterior View
- Heart model – Right Lateral View
Heart model – Frontal View
Heart model – Frontal View (Vessels)
Heart model – Opened Frontal View
Heart model – Left Lateral View
Heart model – Posterior View
Heart model – Right Lateral View