Start with safety
Before working in a laboratory, you need to learn proper laboratory procedures and how to work safely in the lab. Please review the Biology Laboratory Safety guidelines before you begin each laboratory investigation.
Please also look at your course syllabus for accessibility and other policies and visit the Lab Safety Website for additional details.
Download Biology Lab Safety PPT slides (web version) as one file or view the slide show below.
Biology Lab Safety Slides – slides 1-23
Viewing and accessibility guide:
- Select left or right arrow to move the slide manually.
- Select enlarge screen at bottom right corner to view full screen, download file, start slide show, save to OneDrive, download as a PDF, read in accessibility mode or listen with a screen reader.
- As needed: NVDA is a free screen reader. PowerTalk is a free program that automatically speaks any presentation or slide show running in Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows.
Return to previous page by doing any of these:
- Select the left arrow at the top of your browser
- Select the left arrow at the bottom of your device
- If you open in a new tab or window, close the tab or window.
To go to a course, lab, exercise, or page, enter a number and the search terms. (For example, “SCB 115”, “lab 1” or “exercise 2” and “metric system”)