SCB 103 Lab 7 Content
After completing this lab, the students will be able to:
- identify the structures of the respiratory system.
- describe the passage of air from the outside environment to the lungs
- understand the mechanism of breathing.
- identify systemic and pulmonary system.
- describe the anatomy of the heart and blood vessels.
- trace the flow of blood through the heart and entire body.
Read the following materials before doing the lab activities.
- Circulatory and Respiratory Systems. (Openstax)
- The Respiratory System. (Lumen Learning)
- Breathing Capacity
- Gas Pressure and Respiration
- Gas Exchange across the Alveoli
- Introduction to Breathing
- Types of Breathing
- The Mechanics of Human Breathing
- The Work of Breathing
- Dead Space
- Introduction to Transport of Gases in Human Bodily Fluids
- Transport of Oxygen in the Blood
- Transport of Carbon Dioxide in the Blood
3. Cardiovascular System.
- The Circulatory System (Lumen learning)
- Respiratory Diseases
5. Cardiovascular disease.
Watch the following videos to build your knowledge on the topic.
- Bell Jar Lung Model Video. (Dr. Dan’s Anatomosphere)
- Pulmonary Function Test. (Strong Medicine)
- How to: Measure Blood Pressure. (PolyFit CP)
- How COVID-19 Affects Your Lungs. (NHLBI)
- Study The Lung and Heart Model slides below and identify their structures.
- Open these links and answer the short quizzes below: