- Lab Manual, videos and safety
- Course Description
- CUNY and LaGuardia Links
- References: Biology OER
Lab Manual, Videos and safety
SCB252 Lab Manual
- Download OER LAB Manual word file or View pdf below.
Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) may be downloaded, and then read and filled out with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Microsoft Office (MS) Word files may be read with the free Office on the Web or imported to the free Google Docs and LibreOffice.
Central Access Reader will read MS Word file aloud, including math equations.
SCB252 Lab Video instruction
- Lab 5. Genetic Crosses and Introduction to Bioinformatics
- Lab 6. Gene structural annotation and sequence analysis
- Lab 7. PCR Primer design, download, and validation
Forms and Safety for All Biology Labs
- NS Laboratory Policy Handbook
- Biology Laboratory Fitness & Health Consent Form
- NS Laboratory Makeup Form
- NS Practical Exam Form for Students with Disability
- Microscope Diagram Key
- Lab Safety Website
(Source: LAGCC Natural Sciences Department)
The syllabus contains information on Course materials, Instructional Objectives, Grading Scheme and Standards, Homework Assignments, Attendance and other policies, Class schedule and instructors, and Laboratory requirements and experiments.
Download Fall I 2022 or View belowSCB-252-Syllabus-2022Fall
SCB 252 Course Description
Students will participate in authentic undergraduate research experiences to learn techniques commonly performed in a biological laboratory, such as micropipetting, isolation and quantification of nucleic acids and proteins, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), immunodetection and gel electrophoresis. Students will also learn about data analysis, responsible conduct of research, communicating science and reflect on the impact of biotechniques on society. Prerequisites: ENG101, MAT112 or MAT115, SCB201, SCC201. 3 credits; 3 hours (2 lecture, 1 lab)
Links to CUNY and LAGCC Sites and Resources
Some of the links require login credentials and can be accessed via MyLaGuardia.
- LAGCC Natural Sciences Department
- LAGCC library
- Academic Help/Tutoring and Academic Peer Instruction
- STEM Study Guide
- LAGCC ePortoflio
- Office of Assistive Technology (Students with Disabilities)
- Technology Resources LaGuardia
- MyLaGuardia for Students.
References: Biology OER
- Biology OER
- LAGCC Biology Degree Map
- Environmental Sciences at LAGCC
- Environmental Sciences Degree Map
- Ad Astra Undergraduate Research Newsletter
Ad Astra is a newsletter where faculty, staff and students at LaGuardia Community College from different disciplines showcase their ongoing and latest research initiatives, scientific and academic accomplishments. Ad Astra presents snippets of new scientific findings, puzzles to challenge your brain and useful information about usual and unusual career paths and possibilities following graduation.