- Lab Manual and Lab Safety
- Homework and Assignments
- Course Description
- CUNY and LaGuardia Links
- References: Chemistry OER
Lab Handouts, Manuals and Safety
SCC 251 Lab Handouts and Manuals
- Laboratory Manuals are being developed and will be piloted in Spring 2022.
Forms and Safety for All Chemistry Labs
- Chemistry Laboratory Fitness and Health Consent Form
- NS Laboratory Policy Handbook
- NS Laboratory Makeup Form
- Lab Safety Website
(Source: LAGCC Natural Sciences Department)
Homework and Assignments
Homework modules are under consideration.
Download Calibre software for converting and managing e-books
The syllabus contains information on Course materials, Instructional Objectives, Grading Scheme and Standards, Homework Assignments, Attendance and other policies, Class schedule and instructors, and Laboratory requirements and experiments.
Syllabus for Spring 1 2022 read online
SCC 251 Course Description
This is the first part of a two-semester sequence in organic chemistry, covering the synthesis, structure, reactivity and mechanisms of reactions of organic compounds. The course will include a systematic study of alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, alkyl halides, alcohols, thiols, stereochemistry, substitution reactions and elimination reactions. The laboratory stresses the synthesis, purification, separation and identification of organic compounds. Prerequisite: SCC202 5 credits; 7 hours each (3 lecture, 4 lab)
Links to CUNY and LAGCC Sites and Resources
Some of the links require login credentials and can be accessed via MyLaGuardia.
- LAGCC Natural Sciences Department
- LAGCC library
- Academic Help/Tutoring and Academic Peer Instruction
- STEM Study Guide
- LAGCC ePortoflio
- Office of Assistive Technology (Students with Disabilities)
- Technology Resources LaGuardia
- MyLaGuardia for Students and My LaGuardia for Faculty and Staff
References: Chemistry OER
- Chemistry OER
- Ad Astra Undergraduate Research Newsletter
Ad Astra is a newsletter where faculty, staff and students at LaGuardia Community College from different disciplines showcase their ongoing and latest research initiatives, scientific and academic accomplishments. Ad Astra presents snippets of new scientific findings, puzzles to challenge your brain and useful information about usual and unusual career paths and possibilities following graduation.