- Homework and Assignments
- Lab Handouts, Manuals and Safety
- Free E-Textbook
- Textbook problems and Solutions
- Course Description
- CUNY and LaGuardia Links
- References: Physics and Astronomy OER
Homework and Assignments
Homework modules were developed on MyOpenMath and piloted from January-February, 2020. MyOpenMath is a free, open source, online course management system for mathematics and other quantitative fields. Functions include randomizing questions, online tests, discussion forum, and automatic grading.
Enrolled students will receive information from the instructor to access their course.
Lab Handouts, Manuals and Safety
SCP 202 Lab Handouts and Manuals
- Laboratory manuals are being developed and will be posted.
Forms and Safety for All Labs
- Laboratory Fitness and Health Consent Form (example from Chemistry)
- NS Laboratory Policy Handbook
- NS Laboratory Makeup Form
- NS Practical Exam Form for Students with Disability
- Microscope Diagram Key
- Lab Safety Website
(Source: LaGCC Natural Sciences Department website)
Download Calibre software for converting and managing e-books
Textbook problem solutions
The syllabus contains information on Course materials, Instructional Objectives, Grading Scheme and Standards, Homework Assignments, Attendance and other policies, Class schedule and instructors, and Laboratory requirements and experiments.
Download Spring 2020 or view online Spring 2020 (to be added)
SCP202 Fundamentals of Physics II is the second semester of a two-semester sequence covering the basic laws of physics with an emphasis on laboratory experience and mathematical solutions of problems. This is a basic course for students intending to continue their studies in the physical and biological sciences, since more advanced courses in the natural sciences assume knowledge of this material. Among the topics studied are: basic concepts of electrodynamics (currents and magnetism, electromagnetism); optics (wave theory, lenses); and modern physics (relativity, atomic theory, quantum mechanics.) Prerequisites: SCP201. 4 credits; 6 hours (3 lecture, 3 lab)
Links to CUNY and LAGCC Sites and Resources
Some of the links require login credentials and can be accessed via MyLaGuardia.
- LAGCC Natural Sciences Department
- LAGCC library
- Academic Help/Tutoring and Academic Peer Instruction
- STEM Study Guide
- LAGCC ePortoflio
- Office of Assistive Technology (Students with Disabilities)
- Technology Resources LaGuardia
- MyLaGuardia for Students.
Physics and Astronomy Open Educational Resources
- Physics and Astronomy OER
- Ad Astra Undergraduate Research Newsletter
Ad Astra is a newsletter where faculty, staff and students at LaGuardia Community College from different disciplines showcase their ongoing and latest research initiatives, scientific and academic accomplishments. Ad Astra presents snippets of new scientific findings, puzzles to challenge your brain and useful information about usual and unusual career paths and possibilities following graduation.