If you have a question or a request for resources, please leave a comment at the bottom of the page or click the link above.
Browse Applications and by Course
- Free Apps for Biology Labs
- Biology models in NS department
- SCB 115 – Principles of Biology
- SCB 201 – General Biology I
- SCB 202 – General Biology II
- SCB 203 – Fundamentals of Human Biology I
- SCB 204 – Fundamentals of Human Biology II
- SCB 208 – Vertebrate Anatomy and Physiology I
- SCB 209 – Vertebrate Anatomy and Physiology II
Free Apps for Biology Labs
Dissection lab & 3D Biology are links to Google Play download pages. You can also search for them in the Apple store on iPhone.
Biology models in NS department
Include different models with different views:
Meiosis, mitosis board, Amoeba, Animal cell, Brain Cranial nerves, Brain, Digestive board, Ear, Eye, Euglena, Female genital organ, Glomerulus, Heart, Lung, Male genital organ, Nephron, Neuron, Paramecium, Plant cell, Right Kidney, Spinal Cord, UTS.
SCB 115 – Principles of Biology
SCB 201 – General Biology I
- Properties of Biomolecules
- Diffusion and Osmosis
- Enzyme Catalysis
- Cell Respiration and Fermentation
- Plant Pigments and Photosynthesis
- Meiosis and Mitosis
- Molecular Biology
- Restriction Enzyme Digestion of DNA
- Mendelian Inheritance and Evolution
SCB 202 – General Biology II
Fetal Pig Dissection
- Entire Fetal Pig.Check your answers against the key.
- Fetal Pig Anterior View (front half, mostly respiratory). The key.
- Fetal Pig Posterior View (rear half, mostly digestive and renal).The key.
- Endocrine organs of the fetal pig, then check your answers using the labeled images.
Fetal Pig Arteries and Veins
- Photo of Plain Pig Vessels
- Photo of Labeled Artery Plain Pig Vessels
- Photo of Labeled Vein Plain Pig Vessels
Reproductive Organs of the Fetal Pig
- Female Pig Without Labels. Check your answers against the key.
- Male Pig Without Label. Check your answers against the key.
- Histology of the Testes, Ovary and Uterus
SCB 203 – Fundamentals of Human Biology I
Human 3D Model Online
- Blood cell and heart dissection and Sheep Heart Dissection
- Cardiovascular System I: The Beating Heart and The Vascular Highway
SCB 204 – Fundamentals of Human Biology II
Nervous System and Special Sensors
- Anatomy Corner – Sheep Brain Dissection
- Biology Corner – Sheep Brain Dissection
- Exploratorium – Sheep Brain Dissection
- MSU’s Sheep Brain Atlas
- Anatomy Corner – Cow Eye Dissection
- Exploratorium – Cow Eye Dissection
- Froguts – Cow Eye Dissection (zipped file)
- Biology Corner – Virtual Rat Dissection
- Images of Rat Dissection
- Rat Dissection PowerPoint
- Review of Rat Anatomy
- Male Reproductive histology slides
- Male Reproductive histology slides
- Female Reproductive slides Histoweb
- Female Reproductive system histology Slides and Review
- Female Reproductive histology slides: Ovary, Fallopian tube, Uterus, LUMEN
- Female Reproductive histology slides: Cervix, Vagina, Placenta, Mammary gland, LUMEN
- Respiratory System histology slides and Variety of Lung histology slides
- Model of the Respiratory System. Check your answers against the key.
- Urinary System histology slides, labeled
- Information on Urine Analysis
- Model of the Urinary System (anterior view). Check your answers against the key.
- Kidney, Nephron, and Renal Corpuscle. Check your answers against the key.
- Stomach, small and Large Intestine histology slides, Blue Histology
- Gastrointestinal histology slides, Histoweb
- Model of the Digestive System. Check your answers against the key.
- Stomach Interior View, Post View and Pancreas. Check your answers against the key.
- Model of the Liver. Then check your answers against the key.
SCB 208 – Vertebrate Anatomy and Physiology I
- Cat Skeletal System
- Cat 3D bone models and practice questions
- Cat dissection video Series
- Cat muscular diagram and labelling practice
- Mink Muscular system (PDF)
- Mink Dissection of Muscles (PDF)
- Mink Video dissection of Head, Neck, and Shoulder
- Mink Video dissection of Abdomen, Limb, Hind limb
SCB 209 – Vertebrate Anatomy and Physiology II
Lab 1 Peripheral & central nervous system, spinal cord
- Mink video dissection of Nerves
- Cat dissection video of Major Nerves & plexus
- Spinal cord model in lab & Spinal Cord Transection in Cervical Vertebra with labels
- Neuron cell model in lab & Neuron cell model with labels
Lab2 Brain and cranial nerves
- Sheep Brain& Dissection guide with label & Human Cranial Nerves Basics
- Human brain model Internal and External view
- The Names, Functions, and Locations of Cranial Nerves (image + reference)
- Summary of Cranial Nerves
Lab 3 Special senses
- Cow eye dissection& Sheep Eye Dissection with label
- Human Eye Model& Eye 3D Model
- Human Ear physical Model & Human Ear 3D Model
Lab 4 Digestive system
- Mink digestive system and Male Reproductive system dissection video
- Mink abdomen dissection
- Cat dissection video of Internal Organs
- Cat dissection Video of Digestive system
- Domestic fowl digestive system image & Virtual Chicken: Full Digestive System
- Cow GI track model image & Inside of a cow digestive tract in 3D
Lab 5 The respiratory system
- Mink Cervical & Thoracic Region dissection
- Larynx to lung model in lab & Respiratory System Plaque & Larynx Model
Lab 6 Midterm + Blood cell types
Lab 7 The heart
Lab 8, 9 The great Blood Vessels, Circulation system
Lab 10 Excretory system
- Mink Urinary system dissection video
- Cat dissection Video of Urinary System
- Urinary system model in lab
- The Kidney & A Lobe of the Kidney & The Renal Corpuscle