Learning Schedule and Objectives
|MIDTERM PRACTICAL EXAM (based on Weeks 1-5)
Muscular System of Cat and Mink
|Lab-book: Ch. 7: 152-176.
2) Introduction to Muscular System
Models of Skeletal, Cardiac, and Smooth muscles. Mink.
a. Describe different types of muscle cells: their structure and function.
b. Introduce students to the rules and requirements during the dissecting animal.
c. Show students how to dissect mink to study mink’s superficial muscles.
- Bring the Laboratory Manual to every Lab class. Preview manual before lab.
- Dissection Kit must be purchased and brought to lab starts from Lab7.
- Shoes with open tows and slippers do not allowed in the Laboratory Room.
- Read Biology Laboratory Safety guidelines or download Biology Lab Safety PPT.
- Above rules may not apply to remote learning, please reach out to your instructor.
- No makeup practical exam.
Before you start dissection, please read the Mink Muscle dissection guide below:Mink-Muscle-dissection
Download Lab6 PPT or View below208Lab6
Click to view in a new tab: Mink Muscle Slides
Models of Skeletal, Cardiac, and Smooth muscles.
Intro to Mink Dissection
3 Muscle tissues under a microscope. To see more, go to this histology guide.