Learning Schedule and Objectives
|3||Special senses||Ch. 9, 235-262.|
Models: Ear & Eye
a) Ear: Tympanic membrane, Pinna, Ossicles (malleus, incus, and stapes), Semicircular canals, Cochlea, Scala vestibuli, Scala tympani, cochlear duct. Organ of Corti/hair cells
b) Eye: Cornea, Sclera, Nictitating membrane, Cranial nerve VIII, Iris, Pupil, Tapetum lucidum, Retina, Optic disk, Cranial nerves1, 2
- Bring the Laboratory Manual to every Lab class. Preview manual before lab.
- Dissection Kit must be purchased and brought to lab starts from Lab1.
- Shoes with open tows and slippers do not allowed in the Laboratory Room.
- Read Biology Laboratory Safety guidelines or download Biology Lab Safety PPT.
- Above rules may not apply to remote learning, please reach out to your instructor.
- No makeup practical exam.
Download Lab3 PPT or View belowSCB209Lab-3
Above PPT contains video. To watch them, please download or watch below
Introduction to Eye and Ear Anatomy with Inner Ear balance system.
Cow Eye dissection video, watch more Sheep Eye Dissection with slide labels
- Eye model – Frontal View
- Eye model – Eyeball – Anterior segment view form behind
- Eye model – Eyeball – Posterior segment view from frontal
- Cow Eye Specimen – Sagittal Section
- Ear model – Dorsal View
- Ear model – Lateral View
- Ear model – Inner Ear Part
Eye model – Frontal View
Eye model – Eyeball – Anterior segment view form behind
Eye model – Eyeball – Posterior segment view from frontal
Cow Eye Specimen – Sagittal Section
Ear model – Dorsal View
Ear model – Lateral View
Ear model – Inner Ear Part