- Homework and Assignments
- Lab Forms, Manuals and Safety
- Free E-Textbook
- Problems and Solutions
- Course Description
- CUNY and LaGuardia Links
- References: Physics and Astronomy OER
Homework and Assignments
Homework modules are being developed on MyOpenMath. MyOpenMath is a free, open source, online course management system for mathematics and other quantitative fields. Functions include randomizing questions, online tests, discussion forum, and automatic grading.
Enrolled students will receive information from the instructor to access their course.
You can also see an example of the co-curricular project you might perform here
Lab Handouts, Manuals and Safety
SCP 101 Lab Handouts and Manuals
- Lab 1 Motion – Reaction Time PDF, Lab 1 Word
- Lab 2 Mechanical Energy Conservation PDF, Lab 2 Word
- Lab 3 Universal Gravitation and Circular Motion PDF, Lab 3 Word
- Lab 4 Magnetic Field PDF, Lab 4 Word
- Lab 5 Phase Change PDF
- Lab 6 Momentum and Energy PDF
- Lab 7 Electricity PDF
- Lab 8 Buoyancy PDF
- Lab 9 Light Word PDF
Forms and Safety for All Labs
- Laboratory Fitness and Health Consent Form (example from Chemistry)
- NS Laboratory Policy Handbook
- NS Laboratory Makeup Form
- NS Practical Exam Form for Students with Disability
- Microscope Diagram Key
- Lab Safety Website
(Source: LAGCC Natural Sciences Department)
Download Calibre software for converting and managing e-books
Textbook problem solutions
The syllabus contains information on Course materials, Instructional Objectives, Grading Scheme and Standards, Homework Assignments, Attendance and other policies, Class schedule and instructors, and Laboratory requirements and experiments.
Fall 2021 SCP 101 Syllabus (to be added)
Students will participate in authentic undergraduate research experiences to learn techniques commonly performed in a biological laboratory, such as micropipetting, isolation and quantification of nucleic acids and proteins, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), immunodetection and gel electrophoresis. Students will also learn about data analysis, responsible conduct of research, communicating science and reflect on the impact of biotechniques on society. Prerequisites: ENG101, MAT112 or MAT115, SCB201, SCC201. 3 credits; 3 hours (2 lecture, 1 lab)
Links to CUNY and LAGCC Sites and Resources
Some of the links require login credentials and can be accessed via MyLaGuardia.
- LAGCC Natural Sciences Department
- LAGCC library
- Academic Help/Tutoring and Academic Peer Instruction
- STEM Study Guide
- LAGCC ePortoflio
- Office of Assistive Technology (Students with Disabilities)
- Technology Resources LaGuardia
- MyLaGuardia for Students.
Physics and Astronomy Open Educational Resources
- Physics and Astronomy OER
- Ad Astra Undergraduate Research Newsletter
Ad Astra is a newsletter where faculty, staff and students at LaGuardia Community College from different disciplines showcase their ongoing and latest research initiatives, scientific and academic accomplishments. Ad Astra presents snippets of new scientific findings, puzzles to challenge your brain and useful information about usual and unusual career paths and possibilities following graduation.