Learning Schedule and Objectives
Tissues and Integumentary System.
|Textbook: Ch. 5: 102-146; Ch. 6: 147-169.|
Lab-book: Ch. 4: 59-74; Ch. 5: 75-99.
b. Hierarchy of levels of the body organization and function.
c. Concept of homeostasis. Negative and Positive Feedbacks.
d. Basic Anatomical terminology: planes of the body, position of body parts, and directions.
e. Outline the general characteristics of vertebrates.
- Finish this interactive Lab Safety Training before you come to lab.
- Bring the Laboratory Manual to every Lab class. Preview manual before lab.
- Dissection Kit must be purchased and brought to lab starts from Lab7.
- Shoes with open tows and slippers do not allowed in the Laboratory Room.
- Read Biology Laboratory Safety guidelines or download Biology Lab Safety PPT.
- Above rules may not apply to remote learning, please reach out to your instructor.
- No makeup practical exam.
Download Lab1 PPT or View below208Lab1
Virtual Microscope Exercise
- Click virtual microscope at BioNetwork.
- Press Guide to get information about Microscope.
- Press Learn to get familiar with the parts of microscope and their functions.
- Whenever you are ready, press explore to start the experiment.
- Then press ? to open the slide box.
- Press sample slides, then press Letter E slide. Now you are seeing letter E in the microscope view.
- Start from the lowest power of magnification, by pressing 4x.
- Adjust the coarse focus, fine focus, and light to get the best quality image.
- With the same E slide, explore with the other objective lenses by pressing 10x, 40x, and 100x.
- After you are done with the experiment, go back to Main menu and challenge yourself with the microscope Test.